As of September 1, 2019, quizzes for NCARB’s long-format monographs (hardcopies and "digital monographs") were discontinued. We continue to offer our popular short-format courses for HSW Learning Units, and offer a new course each month.
Daylighting Performance and Design
CE Info: Ineligible
Contact Info: Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"The relationship among people, daylight, and architectural form is intimate. Daylight has the potential to introduce life, variation, and drama into otherwise banal spaces."
- Gregg D. Ander, FAIA
Successful daylighting is more than adding large windows or skylights to a design. Find out how to integrate design strategies in order to provide a direct link to the outside and create a space with visual richness that is both stimulating and comfortable. This latest NCARB monograph series title will shed light on all of your daylighting questions and concerns.
- In-depth look at five design fundamentals of daylighting: issues, variables, strategies, elements, and options.
- Section on daylighting design tools with a comprehensive introduction to related computer programs RADIANCE, SUPERLITE, and DOE2.
- Chapter devoted to case studies on retail, office, industrial, and institutional buildings.
- Eight technical appendices that cover daylighting feasibility, glazing material properties, daylighting design web resources, weather data, and other topics.
- Includes 175 figures, including a wide range of illustrations, graphs, and charts.
Gregg D. Ander, FAIA, is the chief architect for Southern California Edison. Ander has written more than 70 articles on technical and design related topics and teaches advanced environmental controls at the College of Architecture at California Polytechnic University , Pomona.Register or Log in
Access your NCARB Record, the online reporting system, Continuum Education info, and/or the Registration Board sections.Login
Convenient. Flexible. Affordable.
The Continuum Education Series is one of the most cost-effective ways for architects to fulfill their state and AIA continuing education requirements.
CE Program Support
Got Questions? Have Comments?